The Nursing Pharmacology DVD Series titles focus on pharmacological principles, indications and nursing implications related to drug therapy in the care of individuals, families, and groups with complex health care needs, drug classification, action, uses, and contraindications will be explored. Emphasis is put on nursing roles on medications used for clients who have multi-system dysfunction and clients who choose an alternative therapy. This innovative package is designed to help schools of nursing to improve their NCLEX pass rate for their graduating students by giving them tools to prepare and review the subject matter more efficiently, rigorously and comprehensively in Pharmacology. It saves you a lot of TIME to learn the entire course of Nursing Pharmacology from this video set taught by the good and reputable university and college educators.
10 Reason Why You Should Have Pharmacology DVDs
- Enables you to learn at the comfort of your home, convenience of your time, desired pace and learning environment that you create.
- Research shows that audio-visual learning increases subject comprehension from 45% to 80%
- Suitable for students who struggle in class and those who desire highest performance as video series can be replayed anytime.
- Potential to improve your scores and pass the Exams and bring back your confidence and mastery of the subject matter.
- Bonus 3000 plus InterActive Practice Exam Questions and Answers accessible anywhere; optional with Full DVD package.
- No more complaining about terrible and hard professors who do not know how to teach; no more bad grades or dropping of classes!
- Number #1 Educator’s Pick to enhance classroom instruction, increase class retention and boost student success rate.
- Great for independent students that conduct self-directed learning; make the learning curve smoother and easier.
- Suitable for individuals with learning disabilities (dyslexia) as it requires more time and patience from both instructors and students.
- Institutions could stream the videos on their secure platform and make them accessible to students on demand, making learning more convenient.
Available for Nursing Schools, Libraries & Individual Students
Full Package: 10 DVDs
Total Run Time: 16 hours
UNIT 1 Introduction to Pharmacology
1 Introduction to Pharmacology: Drug Regulation and Approval
2 Drug Classes and Schedules
3 Principles of Drug Administration
UNIT 2 Pharmacology and the Nursing Practice
6 The Nursing Process in Pharmacology
7 Drug Administration Throughout the Lifespan
8 Psychosocial, Gender, and Cultural Influences on Pharmacotherapy
9 Medication Errors and Risk Reduction
10 Herbal and Alternative Therapies
11 Substance Abuse
12 Emergency Preparedness and Poisonings
UNIT 3 The Nervous System
13 Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System
14 Drugs for Anxiety and Insomnia
15 Drugs for Seizures
16 Drugs for Emotional and Mood Disorders
17 Drugs for Psychoses
18 Drugs for the Control of Pain
19 Drugs for Local and General Anesthesia
20 Drugs for Degenerative Diseases of the Nervous System
21 Drugs for Neuromuscular Disorders
UNIT 4 The Cardiovascular Systems
22 Drugs for Lipid Disorders
23 Drugs for Hypertension
24 Drugs for Heart Failure
25 Drugs for Angina Pectoris and Myocardial Infarction
26 Drugs for Dysrhythmias
27 Drugs for Coagulation Disorders
28 Drugs for Hematopoietic Disorders
29 Drugs for Shock
UNIT 5 The Urinary System
30 Diuretic Therapy and Drugs for Renal Failure
31 Drugs for Fluid Balance, Electrolyte, and Acid—Base Disorders
UNIT 6 The Immune System and Inflammation
32 Drugs for Immune System Modulation
33 Drugs for Inflammation and Fever
UNIT 7 Infections and Neoplams
34 Drugs for Bacterial Infections
35 Drugs for Fungal, Protozoan, and Helminthic Infections
36 Drugs for Viral Infections
37 Drugs for Neoplasia
UNIT 8 The Respiratory System
38 Drugs for Allergic Rhinitis and the Common Cold
39 Drugs for Asthma and Other Pulmonary Disorders
UNIT 9 The Gastrointestinal System
40 Drugs for Peptic Ulcer Disease
41 Drugs for Bowel Disorders and Other Gastrointestinal Conditions
42 Drugs for Nutritional Disorders
UNIT 10 The Endocrine System
43 Drugs for Pituitary, Thyroid, and Adrenal Disorders
44 Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus
45 Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Female Reproductive System
46 Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Male Reproductive System
UNIT 11 The Musculoskeletal System
47 Drugs for Bone and Joint Disorders
UNIT 12 The Integumentary System and Special Sensory Organs
48 Drugs for Skin Disorders
49 Drugs for Eye and Ear Disorders